Well, that’s it. I have published a pattern! Rainflow Dissolving is up on Ravelry as of a couple minutes ago! My blog friends – you have been with me on this journey, and have been so supportive and generally awesome. From encouraging comments on the initial exercises to helping me pick out a name. To… Continue reading It. Is. Done!
Help! I am naming impaired*, and would love your assistance in picking a name for my cowl. If you have been reading along, you know the cowl I am talking about. If not, it is this one here… The second one in a different yarn is blocking, the pattern is mostly done. Now I need… Continue reading Cowl Naming Survey
In breaks in between wrangling with the pattern writing, I decided to knit up one last version of my cowl. This time in the original yarn I meant to use for it! It’s turning out OK 🙂 The variegation in the yarn and it being silk gives it a very different look from the other… Continue reading One Last Version
The roll is stopped! I had a couple of potential solutions in mind when I ripped back. I had a bit of yarn left, and did a few practice swatches. Which is a good thing, because the stitch pattern I thought would be the best one did not look good at all. Yay for swatching!… Continue reading It Worked!
I carefully patted it into shape before I went to bed last night, and this is what I saw when I went out to check this morning. Sigh! OK – plan B. Or possibly C!
Version 2 is bound off and in for its soak before blocking! I’m provisionally happy with it. The only possible issue is that the top edge was rolling pretty badly despite being done in seed stitch. I’m hoping it will – say it with me – block out. But if it doesn’t, I have two… Continue reading Version 2 Done – I Think
Version 2 is moving right along! I am using a different yarn this time – more like what people might use to knit it really. The Uptons I used for version 1 was hard-wearing, which was helpful for the first try, where I was ripping back as much as I was knitting. But it really… Continue reading Version 2
I finally got done with v 1 of my cowl design! This started with the creativity exercises from the Kate Davies Knitting Season club. I’m still not 100% satisfied with it, though it does looks OK and does pretty much what is is supposed to do 🙂 As I next step, I need to document… Continue reading Cowl Design Done!
Have been making decent progress on the redo on my cowl design. The changes I was thinking about that caused the redo are working out pretty well. This yarn is very different from the yarn I started with – that was all silk and was very fluid and flowy. This is tightly spun wool, and… Continue reading Back Where I Started