Weel Riggit hat is done! Nothing like a super quick, cute project to keep you motivated for long involved ones. The pattern is by Kate Davies, and I used her Ard Thir yarn to knit it. The yarn is aran weight and is a blend of wool and alpaca. I love alpaca! Its very nice… Continue reading Weel Riggit Hat
My Bramen cowl is finished! This was a nice quick project and a good learning experience. I learned a new cast on and bind off, and got to do some good tuck stitch practice. And I get a nifty cowl out of it in the bargain 🙂 The cast on is the two-color long-tail cast… Continue reading Bramen Cowl Done!
The Bramen tuck stitch cowl is coming along! Once you have the hang of the stitch pattern, it moves along pretty well. The gradient of this yarn is fairly subtle, but interesting to watch develop. I’m hoping to have it done at some point tomorrow – more news at that point!
It was a nutty day at work and a little bit at home, but I did manage to get a bit more done on my Bramen cowl! I had hoped to make a bit more progress, but this isn’t bad, considering 🙂
The first Boost Your Knitting project launched last Friday, and I finally got a chance to start it! It is Bramen, a tuck stitch cowl from Nancy Marchant. I have done tuck stitches before, so this one is not particularly a challenge. On the other hand, I haven’t done this particular stitch pattern before. Also,… Continue reading Boost Your Knitting Project 1
Tuck Stitch Cowl #2 is finally done! The yarns are Freia Ombre Grande and A Tree Hugger’s Wife Soft DK. I didn’t really have a pattern, just used a stitch pattern and a generic number of stitches to work it on. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out, and also happy to be done… Continue reading Something’s Finally Done!
I finally got a chance to make a little progress on my second tuck stitch cowl! The yarns are kind of close in value on this end of the gradient (the pinky purple yarn), but hopefully it’s enough contrast that it will turn out OK. I’m a little afraid to check it out in the… Continue reading Tuck Stitch Cowl 2 Progress
In between working on Ixchel, I started another cowl that is a sort of practice sampler from my Tuck Stitches class. This one is in the Stockinette Tuck Stitch B pattern (I think). The resulting pattern looks like interlocking bubble strings. It looks like colorwork, but it really isn’t. It’s stripes, but with tuck stitches… Continue reading Tuck Stitch Sampler Cowl #2
I finally finished the tuck stitch cowl that I started in September in the Tuck Stitch class with Nancy Marchant. It turned out OK! The stitch patterns in the top and bottom sections were Step Gable Tuck stitch and then the B version (color dominance variant of the same thing) in the middle. It’s not… Continue reading I Finished a Thing!