This quiz comes from Karen at NothingButKnit – check out her blog for other nifty quizzes and more! Here are her questions:
- Do you knit/crochet socks?
- If yes, how long have you been making them? If no, why not?
- What is your preferred method? Top down, toe up? Which needles? Do you have a preferred heel type?
- Have you gifted socks? Were they worn, loved and appreciated?
- Could you make nothing but socks for the rest of your life and be happy?
- One of the most addictive things about sock knitting is the amazing selection of fingering weight yarn that is available. What is your favorite yarn for socks? Do you prefer solid or multicolor yarn? Do you have a fiber preference?
And my answers:
-I do knit socks.
-I have been making them for a couple of years now. At first I would do a pair every once in a while, now I produce them more steadily.
-I like to do two at a time, toe up. My favorite needles for socks are two circulars, and I like to use Karbonz, usually US 1s.
-I have gifted sock – I made one pair for my DH, one for my SIL,and one for my Mom. I know DH wears his occasionally when it is cold. Mom definitely wears them. Not sure about SIL, but I believe so.
-I could not restrict my knitting to just socks. I love making all the other types of projects! Sweaters are probably my favorites, though I like making little accessories as well 🙂
-For fiber preference, I like 20-25% nylon and superwash wool, usually merino, for the rest. I have not knit with a wool/silk blend yet, though that does sound intriguing. As far as colors, I don’t really have a preference. Wild color combos can be fun, but plain or tonal yarns can be good too, especially if you are using an intricate stitch pattern.
Feel free to answer in the comments, or on your own blog!