Project

Ixchel is Done!

I got finished knitting Ixchel earlier this week, then my Mom very kindly wove in my ends (I have an awesome Mom!).  I blocked it yesterday, and this morning it is ready to go!  

I could not be happier with it.  There are one or two things I’d do differently if I was to make it again (which I don’t plan to, but you never know).  In the bottom band of the body, where there are arrows and starts going down to the bottom ribbing, I didn’t strand my work on every row.  There were some rows where the yellow stitches were just too far apart to justify carrying it around, I thought.  So I went back later and duplicate stitched the yellow in there where called for.  That fairly substantially changed my gauge.  So if I ever do it again, I will just carry the yarn.  I was a little concerned with running out of yellow, which turned out to not be a problem at all.  The kit for my size came with 2 skeins of yellow, one of which I never got into at all.  I still had around a quarter of the skein I did use.  So running out would not have been a problem.  Though of course, I didn’t know that when I was doing it.  

But anyway – it fits, I’m happy with it, and I’m very glad I jumped it to the top of my queue!  

19 thoughts on “Ixchel is Done!

  1. Wow! This is brilliant work and it looks fantastic on you!

    I’m new to colorwork (I’ve done stranded but not intarsia) but decided to jump in and try Ixchel anyway! I love the colors and the stranded bits are going ok but my central motif is wonky. Can you recommend a tutorial on how to weave back the yarn to work the central panel without it being crazy? Also, if I may ask, what method did you use to tackle the phases of the moon?

    Thanks!

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Thank you so much! I actually did work it as stranded for much of the sweater, including most of the central motif. The phases of the moon I also did as stranded, but just for those parts. So each row of the moon phases I knitted plain blue for the shoulders, and started a new strand of gold for the moons. It was a lot of ends to weave in, but it was easier than carrying that extra color all that way. Hope this helps!

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.