Project

Friday FO: Bat Cowl

My Bat! cowl is done ๐Ÿ™‚ The yarn is DK weight from Old Crow ArtYarn in the What We Do In The Shadows colorway. The cowl isn’t done to a pattern. The little bats are a bobble and some light cabling. I lifted the motif from the (Ravelry link) Fangtastic sock pattern and just placed them randomly around the cowl.

I figured out the cast on count using the method I described in a former post, Planned Pooling Party. I did have to deliberately manipulate the yarn to make it stay more or less in columns on the rows with the bobbles that make up the bat bodies.

The edges are done in a different yarn – some leftover yarn that I’m honestly not sure what it was – it was the right weight and a color that went reasonably well with the main yarn. I used an icord bind off, which as of yesterday evening before blocking was still flopping over. However, for once, something did actually block right out! This is just going to encourage me in this usually mistaken belief ๐Ÿ™‚

I have tried to do a couple things with this yarn, and nothing worked out until this. I’m glad to have found a use for it! Have you ever had a craft supply that was difficult to put into use? And if so, what did you wind up doing with it?

12 thoughts on “Friday FO: Bat Cowl

    1. Thank you! It turned out reasonably well ๐Ÿ™‚ You should definitely try it! There’s a little set up needed at the start of the process, but otherwise it’s pretty straightforward. And you get some nifty effects!

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.