Another quiz borrowed from NothingButKnit! Self-care is a new term for what we used to just call pampering ourselves 🙂 Getting down time and taking care of ourselves can sometimes be a struggle, so it’s interesting to see how other people handle it. Here are her questions:
- Do you practice self-care? Is it a term you use or is it a foreign concept?
- How do you practice self-care in a physical way? Do you put make up on or get your hair done? Maybe get a massage? Go for a run?
- How do you practice self-care in a mental way? Do you meditate? Do you pray? Do you sit quietly and empty your mind?
- Do you consider time alone to be self-care? Or time with family? Or time with friends?
And here are my answers:
- I do practice self- care. I don’t generally refer to it that way, but am starting to get comfortable with the term.
- I practice physical self-care in a couple of ways. One way is to go for a nice walk somewhere restful and preferably scenic. Another way is that sometimes I give myself a “spa day”. Which is a kind of grand term for soaking in a hot bath with Epsom salts or bubble bath, and sometimes give myself a nice mud mask facial or similar.
- Mental self-care can be things like spending time reading, or just listening to music. Knitting is always self-care time, as I really enjoy it. Sitting in my chair with a cat on my lap, tea on the table next to me and knitting in my hands is pretty darn perfect.
- In general for me, time alone is more rejuvenating. There are a couple people I love being with – DH, a couple of friends and close family members. But otherwise, time alone is restful.
Do you practice self-care? And if so, what do you do? Feel free to answer in the comments, or on your own blog. If you do answer in your blog, please leave a link in the comments so we can read along!