Karen at NothingButKnit posted another great Q & A on her blog today, and I thought I’d share it and my answers here.
- How are you filling your time at home? Are you cleaning out your closets? Crafting? Maybe trying out new recipes?
- Have you discovered anything worth watching? My local cable company is offering up free channels, is yours? Have you trying anything you’d like to recommend?
- Have you found a silver lining to this whole stay at home thing?
- Have you found a blog post that’s been particularly inspiring to you? Please share. It doesn’t have to be coronavirus related, inspirational is the only requirement.
And my answers:
- I am working from home during the weekdays, so that part of the day is busy already. I do have more time to spend though, as we don’t have the commute anymore. I am mostly spending that knitting, though I have gotten a bit more house work and tidying and so on done. I am trying out new recipes – today I made cabbage rolls stuffed with a lamb and rice mixture. It got pretty good.
- We just got finished rewatching Lord of the Rings and most of the specials, so that took some time. Not sure what’s next. We don’t have cable, but we do have Amazon prime and got the CBS channel through them to be able to see the two new Star Trek shows. We are thinking about getting the Disney channel, but not sure about doing that yet.
- There are definitely some silver linings to staying from home. Sweatpants all day everyday!! That’s a big one. The cats seem pleased to have their staff home more regularly. I can actually focus on my work a bit better – my office is a kind of chaotic environment, so this is better. My DH and I get along pretty well, so that is working out fine.
- The best blog post I have read on this topic is this one from Marilyn at Midnight Knitter. She is an all-round awesome lady who is dealing with some chronic health issues, so she has some good advice to share.
So how are you doing with all this? If you want to play along, share your answers in the comments, or on your own blog. If you do share in a post, please link so we can go read your answers!