Thanks to Alissa at Headknits for sharing this quiz!
1. Share an image of a knitting pattern you love but would probably never knit. I love this guy – Yeti for Bed from Interweave Knits. I love his expression and his little union suit and bunny slippers! But I will probably never make him. Though he is pretty adorable!
2. What is your favorite knitting technique? That’s hard to say. Probably cabling, though I like most of the techniques I have tried so far!
3. Yarn: wool, alpaca, cotton, linen, hemp, silk, or acrylic? Again, that’s hard to pick. I love them all for different types of knits. If I had to pick just one though, probably alpaca. It has such lovely drape!
4. Needles: wood, bamboo, metal, plastic, or casein? I’m going to be difficult here – carbon fiber.
5. Would you go on a knitting vacation? If yes, which country’s yarn shops would you like to visit? Yes! Again, hard to pick. Probably UK shops, but also any of the Scandinavian countries would be interesting, as would Iceland. All of that!
6. Lace, fingering, sport, DK, worsted, or bulky? (If you had to choose just one) DK
7. Do you eat while knitting? If so, what? I try not to, but sometimes. Crackers or pretzels – stuff that’s not greasy or gloppy.
8. Speckled yarn: yes or no? Sure, if it’s done well. Hedgehog yarns does some really pretty speckles!
9. Favorite knitting slang word? SABLE Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy. A condition I’m trying to avoid!
10. Can you do anything else while knitting? Watching or listening to something doesn’t count. No.
12. Favorite yarn brand? Probably Cascade for regular yarns, Berroco for the novelty/oddball yarns. There are a bunch of indie dyers I like right now, but don’t really have a favorite.
13. Intentional felting: yes or no? Yes for slippers and bags and things like that. I don’t think so for garments.
14. Who taught you to knit? Grandmother, Mom, Aunts – different people showed me different things. And still learning from Bluprint, YouTube, and various other places 🙂
15. What’s your next knit? Excellent question! Possibly a cowl of some kind?
Feel free to play along. Looking forward to reading everyone’s answers! For non-knitters, feel free to alter the questions if you like for the hobby of your choice 🙂