This Q & A is
stolen borrowed from Karen at NothingButKnit, as ususal 🙂
- Have you made holiday decorations for your home? What have you made? Do you have a tradition of making something every year?
- Did you craft for holidays when you were a child? Do you have a memory of something you made?
- Do you gift items that you make? Do you surprise the recipient or do they request something? How do you judge their worthiness? Have you ever regretted gifting someone?
- Have you seen a crafty project you’d like to make but haven’t?
My answers are below – feel free to answer in the comments or copy and answer on your own blog!
- I have made holiday decorations for my home. I have made wreaths in the past, and also tree ornaments. When I was young and insane, I embroidered a Christmas tablecloth (from a kit – I didn’t design it or anything). It is still around someplace, but not actively in use.
- We definitely crafted for the holidays when I was little. Ornaments, paper chains, birdfeeder/ornaments for outdoor trees (you roll pinecones in peanutbutter and then in birdseeds), candles, and much, much more. It was the 70’s. We had to make our own fun. 😉
- I do occasionally gift items that I have made. It is mostly a surprise, but sometimes based on a request. I don’t generally consider making anything for anyone who isn’t knitworthy. Usually it is for people I love, and who have been in my life for a while. I’ve regretted it a couple of times. Mostly though, people are gratified – or at least pretend to be, which is really good enough!
- Ravelry and Pinterest are completely full of crafty projects I’d love to make but haven’t – yet!