I hope everyone who celebrates is having a happy Thanksgiving! For everyone who does not celebrate this holiday – happy Thursday!
Continuing on with my Thankful Thursday tradition, here are a few more things I am thankful for:
- I know I said family before, but wanted to elaborate on that. I have a pretty great DH, who among other things, is supportive of my yarn habit, along with pretty much everything else. He isn’t a cat fan, but no one is perfect. He is pretty close, though!
- My biological family is also pretty great. I had a wonderful, funny, gruff-but-supportive Dad. He passed a few years ago, but his memory lives on in the lessons he taught us as well as many of his jokes and sayings that we repeat and laugh at every day. My Mom is also wonderful – supportive, loving, kind and funny – there is no end to her wonderful qualities. Over the past couple of years she has decided to spend half the year with my brother and SIL and half the year with us, which we are very thankful for. While I’m being thankful for immediate family, my brother and SIL are pretty great too! Funny and warm and generally awesome.
- Our extended family – grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, assorted in-laws and out-laws are also, on the whole, also lovely people. Everyone has their quirks, of course, and we don’t all always agree, but mostly they are pretty wonderful.
- I could not have been luckier with my in-laws. DH’s parents have never been anything but welcoming and pleasant in every way. His siblings and their spouses, and all the nieces and nephews are a blast to be around as well.
- And also I feel blessed that DH and I have our own Thanksgiving tradition. I make my homemade pizza and we settle in for a movie marathon. This year it is The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings (the marathon goes through the weekend, interrupted for outings and meals and sleep and so on). It is way less hassle than turkey and much tastier (in our opinion – your tastes may vary 🙂 )
- Finally for this week, I am blessed with great online friends! Reading all your thoughts and feelings and experiences on your blogs and your comments on mine has made me feel very close to many of you. I am thankful for you all!