It’s Thursday again – time to count my blessings! And I promise – back to the knitting tomorrow.
- Twinkle/Christmas/Holiday lights. Whatever you want to call them, around this time of year they start going up all over Anchorage, and I love them! It’s not about Christmas, per se. It’s more that it’s dark more than it’s light now, and starting to get a little bleak out, and they really cheer the place up!
- Random Acts of Kindness. I like doing them, and like receiving them. It’s nice when someone just smiles at you or opens the door for you or something. And I feel good doing the same sort of thing back. It doesn’t have to be a big thing, just something positive.
- Wacky winter fun. Like with the lights, Anchorage does a lot to keep itself occupied over the long dark months of winter. From a tree-lighting ceremony on Thanksgiving weekend, through Nutcracker performances and various other Christmas goings on and a big New Year’s Eve celebration downtown, right on to Fur Rondy and the Iditarod, this town has more winter wackiness than you can shake a stick at.
- Sticks to shake at things.
- Ha! No really. Internet shopping. I’m almost done with Christmas shopping, and I didn’t even have to put shoes on. Love it!
- Little notebooks. I have a notebook obsession. Primarily Field Notes, but really any little notebook with a gimmick or a cute cover. Good thing I like to write stuff down!
- Good smelling soap.
- The heartwarming good bits of news you get every once in a while. Sometimes, in amongst all the trouble and the strife, you see an article or story about something good that happened, or someone who did something nice. And that’s the only reason I haven’t cancelled our newspaper subscription.
That’s really just 7, because 4 was a joke 😉 Hope your day gives you a lot of blessings and a lot to smile about. Feel free to share some in the comments!