For anyone who hasn’t be reading along, Thursdays this month I plan to write about the things I’m thankful for. Last week I noted the big things – family, security, etc. This week my list will be a little more personal. I actually remembered this late in the day- just as I was getting pictures and so on ready to write about something else. So that’s tomorrow planned out. And I am thankful for that!
Today, I am thankful for:
- Extra crispy french fries that I don’t even have to ask the food truck guy for anymore because they know me there.
- The beauty of nature. I have gotten to see quite a lot of it – from obvious things like otters and sunsets to interesting rocks and unexpectedly pretty lichen. May I always appreciate it!
- Halloween. It is my favorite holiday. I love it to pieces.
- Good coffee. Mostly I am thankful for Kaladi Brothers coffee, but really any coffee that is smooth when you just drink it black is thankfulness-worthy.
- Books. Fiction and non-fiction – I love to read! And I think both paper and e-books have merit. On the one hand, paper books are wonderful objects and a great pleasure to read with. On the other hand, when you have run out of things to read, and it’s 11 o’clock at night – being able to just download an e-book is truly a thing to be thankful for. Also, as a person who used to travel a lot, it was nice having a big library with me that I could fit in my purse.
- Crafts in general. It’s great fun doing stuff with my hands, and I do enjoy making thing. Over the years I have tried a lot of them, all of which were pretty interesting.
- Hokey roadside attractions. Commercial caves, miniature towns, world’s largest balls of string, you name it – I am thankful to live in a world where they exist.
What are you thankful for this week?