I lifted this knitting/crocheting/crafting q & a from Nothing But Knit. She posts nifty Questions and Answers from time to time, and it’s always interesting reading the different answers 🙂 I’ll post my answers here – feel free to answer in the comments or to carry it over to your own blog and answer them there! If you are not a crafter, feel free to answer with regard to any hobby you have.
- Do you have a favorite crafting tool?
- Which do you prefer when you craft: listening to a podcast or music, watching something on tv or silence?
- Do you have a favorite designer that you’d like to recommend?
- Most people have a favorite color, do you find you use it more than other colors? Is there a color you avoid? Why?
- Have you experienced a crafting injury? If yes, what.
Here are my answers:
- I have a couple different tools that I am very possessive of – a little scissor I have had for a long time that has a kind of fun backstory, a couple of knitting needle sets that are special in one way or another – but I think my favorites are my Karbonz interchangeable knitting needle set. They are smoother and “faster” than wood or bamboo, but much nicer to my hands than metal.
- Mostly when I am crafting the TV or a movie is on. Listening to music or a podcast is also OK, but not what I would prefer.
- Amy Herzog and Elsebeth Lavold are my current favorite designers – they both have a great aesthetic and design garments that are not only beautiful and interesting, but also reasonable to wear.
- Black and gray are my favorite colors, but I don’t knit whole garments of them too frequently. I do stick with the cool colors and avoid the warm ones. (Those of you who remember Color Me Beautiful know what I am talking about here!)
- I haven’t ever had a big crafting injury. Just poked up fingers from embroider, twingy hands and forearms from knitting marathons – that sort of thing.
Looking forward to reading your answers!