Karen as Nothing But Knit came up with another fun quiz – this one on favorite foods! Feel free to answer in the comments or leave a link to your post if you’re answering on your blog. Here we go.
- What is your favorite food?
- Do you have a favorite dessert that you can’t pass up?
- If you were on a deserted island and could have only one food besides the fish and coconuts on the island what would it be?
- What is the best meal you’ve ever eaten?
- Is there a food you wish you could make?
Here are my answers.
- My favorite food is cheese. I love it in all of its forms and formats. There are a lot of other contenders, but when I think of my favorite dishes or favorite thing to just eat by itself, it’s cheese.
- My favorite dessert that I can’t pass up is Funny Cake, a Pennsylvania Dutch baked item I have written about before. Fortunately, it is in pretty short supply here in Alaska, unless I make it myself or my Mom is staying with us 🙂
- I would want potatoes on the island. You can do a bunch of different things with them and they go with everything.
- I think the best meal I’ve ever had in my life was at a restaurant called The Saltry in Halibut Cove, AK. You have to take a ferry there from Homer, AK. When you get there it is a very remote and lovely island that has very few residents, but a couple of high end small resorts and vacation homes for the kind of people who have float planes to get to their vacation homes. The Saltry has an indoor seating area, but really you want to sit on the boardwalk around the restaurant, which is right next to the harbor. So while you are eating, there are eagles and ravens flying around and otter playing right next to you. It sounds like I am making this up, but it really is that amazing. And the food is amazing as well. I had a steak, garlic mashed potatoes, a salad and bread. It sounds simple, but it was all perfect.
- I wish I was better at baking. I am OK with bread, pizza, and pies; mediocre with cookies, and pretty terrible at baking cakes. I am a pretty good cook, so at least there’s that 🙂
Are you hungry now? Me too 🙂