Like many people in this week leading up to Halloween DH and I have been watching spooky movies and TV, and spent some time talking about what makes a show or movie spooky to us. Which made me wonder – what is spooky viewing for you? I will answer below – feel free to share your answers in the comments or on your blog!
- What’s the spookiest TV show you have ever watched?
- Have you watched the new season of Unsolved Mysteries? For that matter, did you watch any of the many, many old seasons of Unsolved Mysteries? If yes on any of that, do you find this a spooky show?
- Do you watch any ghost hunting show? What is your opinion on these shows – fiction, plausible, don’t know?
- Are there any genres of horror movies you can’t/won’t watch?
- What kind of horror movies do you enjoy and why?
Here are my answers:
- The spookiest TV show I ever actually watched was the X-files. A lot of the episodes were just interesting or fun, but some of them just creeped me out to no end. The spookiest TV show I never watched was Millenium. We were going to watch it, then there was a commercial for it with a demon clown on the ceiling, and I noped right out of that one.
- I have watched the new season of Unsolved Mysteries, and find it moderately spooky. Some episodes are interesting, others are creepy – just like the older version. I watched Unsolved Mysteries on and off over the years, and I’m glad it’s back!
- We do watch ghost hunting shows. I do believe in ghosts or spirits. Are they catching them on these shows? Doubtful. But it is fun TV anyway.
- If I have any need to sleep for the next couple of nights, I can’t watch anything to do with clowns or alien abduction.
- I quite like vampire or werewolf movies, for the most part. Most classic monsters are great, and also any horror movie from the 1950s or before. They are kind of adorable!
Play along …..IF YOU DARE!